Do you or someone you know suffer from chronic pain? Would you like to find out more about a remedy that is increasing in popularity? This naturally occurring compound is being manufactured into a variety of different products, and the wide range of ailments it can help alleviate mean its momentum will only continue on an upwards trajectory. This remedy is CBD oil, a combination of this naturally occurring compound and a plant oil such as coconut oil to form the finished product. It is the subject of many new medical case studies in the health and well-being world, which are producing data showing positive outcomes for many mental health conditions and other illnesses.
What Illnesses Are Affected?
The list of affected medical problems is increasing as research continues, but to date, these include the following
- Improvements for patients with mental health disorders, including insomnia, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- CBD oil, when used in products like CBD vape juice, can treat the debilitating effects of chronic pain involved in arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- It can lead to a reduction in some cancer-related symptoms, such as pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- CBD oil may have neuroprotective properties and be an option for sufferers of epilepsy and MS.
- There are also benefits to the heart and circulatory system; it can lower blood pressure and increase arterial function.
This is not a full list of the illnesses involved; there is a wealth of information available online which you should take some time to investigate further.
What Is CBD?
Its full name is Cannabidiol, and it is one of over a hundred compounds that make up the host Cannabis plant, but, unlike its more infamous brother compound Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it will not give you the sensation of getting high. This quality is highly regarded by sufferers looking for relief from pain or an alternative to the side effects of some prescription medications. Ongoing scientific case studies have found that CBD impacts the body’s specialised endocannabinoid system, that regulates sleep patterns, appetite, and pain responses. These studies find that chronic pain is reduced when CBD affects receptor activity, reducing inflammation and interacting with the body’s neurotransmitters.
The Many Different CBD Products
There are an ever-increasing amount of CBD oil products as manufacturers develop new processes and ideas. Whole sections of health and wellness stores are now stocking their products, leading to a wealth of online suppliers. The wide range of CBD products falls into four main categories –
- Oral tinctures or drops are placed under the tongue.
- Edibles such as gummies, sweets, and capsules.
- Vape e-liquids used in normal vape devices.
- Skincare products such as lotions, creams and salves are rubbed into the skin.
Depending on the type of illness the user is looking to alleviate might determine what product is best suited to their situation; the strength or amount of CBD oil contained in the product would also factor into any decision. CBD oil is most easily absorbed by direct contact; oral tinctures placed under the tongue are fast acting, whereas any product swallowed must first be dissolved by stomach acid.
Hopefully, this information has opened your eyes to the possibilities available through using CBD oil, check out your local stockist today.
Leave a Reply