Australia is a great country for camping, with wide open spaces that seem endless, which is perfect for extended camping expeditions. Once you have invested in the basic camping gear, you can add to your equipment, little by little, which makes for a more comfortable and convenient experience.
Here is our list of essential camping items that you need to acquire.
- Tent – The range of tents is indeed diverse; from a single person tent to one that sleeps 8 people and when buying camping equipment in Australia, you are advised to visit the online camping store. It is always better to pay a little more for a top-quality brand, as this will last you for many years.
- Sleeping Bag – It gets very cold at night and with a good quality down sleeping bag, you will always be warm and cosy. If you are planning to do some cold camping, make sure your sleeping bag is one that can handle sub-zero temperatures.
- Tools – There are a few useful implements, such as a good Swiss Army Knife that has many attachments for opening cans, bottles and even a mini-saw. A good flashlight is essential, while you could go all the way and get a solar camping blanket that charges a small lithium-iron battery to give power all night long.
- Cooler – Of course, you will need a cooler box to keep beer and food chilled, which come in a range of sizes, depending on what you need.
- BBQ – A camping trip is not complete without a source of cooking and this is one investment you need to make your camping trip a success.
- Outdoor Furniture – A couple of fold-away chairs and a small table is all you really need.
- First Aid Kit – You should have a basic first aid kit in your vehicle and when camping, you can deal with minor cuts and abrasions, keeping a wound clean is very important. Of course, it is hoped that you never need to use the first aid kit, but if you heading into the wilderness, you should have one.
- Mosquito Repellent – We all know how annoying mozzies are and you can buy natural products that keep these harmful insects away.
The best place to buy camping equipment is from the online supplier, as they offer the best deals on all the known brands. This is because the online supplier does not have a retail outlet and can therefore offer lower prices.